I personally do not need a special day in order to enjoy wine. BUT…When there is a legit one, such as National Drink Wine Day – how could I not partake? Here are some of my recommendations of wine to try on this festive occasion.
- Charles Krug Sauvignon Blanc – I usually find this at Costco for around $12. Very refreshing.
- Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc – this is a go-to glass more so when I am eating out and it is on the wine list.
- Stag’s Leap Sauvignon Blanc – My husband and I love everything Stag’s Leap…there are a few wines with the same name as they come from the same region but be aware of where the apostrophe is in the name. I wrote about our visit to this vineyard during our anniversary vacation!
- Stag’s Leap Chardonnay
- Pine Ridge Chardonnay
- Clos du Bois Chardonnay – we stumbled upon this vineyard at 10 am while waiting for Copolla to open. I’m glad we were early!
- Sancerre White Bordeaux
- Tesorro della Regina Pinot Grigio
- Santa Margarita Pinot Grigio – if you are new to Pinot Grigios, I think the Santa Margarita is a great glass to try. It is a bit pricier than some others, but worth it.
- Trader Joe’s Two Buck Chuck – you cannot forget Two Buck Chuck (red or white). The wine is good…not my absolute favorite but also great for cooking!
- Meomi Pinot Noir – My absolute favorite year was 2011. We stocked up once we found out that the supply was getting low and enjoyed every last bottle. The 2012 is delicious too.
- Acacia Pinor Noir
- Hitching Post Pinot Noir – I first tried this bottle at a local restaurant and now order their blend and pinot noir regularly.
- Alouette Pinot Noir – YUM!
- Markham Merlot
- Angeline Merlot
- Stag’s Leap Merlot
- Invitro Chianti
- Ramey Cabernet Sauvignon
- Prince of Hearts Cabernet Sauvignon
- Stag’s Leap Cabernet Sauvignon
What are your favorite wines? Do you have any questions about wines to buy? I love to help out!